This weekend, despite work and torrential rains, I did a lot of knitting, but to paraphrase GE’s old ad slogan, all I have to show for it is progress and no FOs.
I thought it would take about three days to assemble the sweater with the intarsia border, but it has been more challenging than I expected. I really must learn to weave in ends as I knit before moving on to a more difficult intarsia sweater.
Since I thought I’d actually watch the Sopranos on Sunday (as opposed to having TV on while I’m knitting), I didn’t have enough time to do the second big seam that extends from the bottom of the jacket body to the cuff. I worked on the entrelac, instead. I did not change balls of yarn as I thought I might to get random colors, but I think the front does match the color arrangement on the back.
There’s still a lot to do on the intarsia sweater, and I hope I can model the FO before my gum surgery on Friday. (If not, you may only get a back view until the puffiness disappears.)